You always can do it, but it is complicated and tedious. With Supercraft you get a server instantly. However, if you want to try that route, we have a tutorial for you:
Installing a Dedicated Server for Enshrouded on Linux
This guide will walk you through the steps to set up a Enshrouded game dedicated server on a Linux system.
How to Set Up an Enshrouded Dedicated Server
This guide outlines the steps to configure a dedicated server for Enshrouded, ensuring a smooth and stable multiplayer experience.
- A computer or server with a stable internet connection.
- Enough hardware resources (CPU, RAM, storage) to meet the game’s server requirements.
- The latest version of Enshrouded server files.
- Download Server Files: Obtain the latest version of the Enshrouded dedicated server files from the official source or game distribution platform.
- Extract Server Files: Unzip the downloaded files into a dedicated folder on your server.
- Configure Server Settings: Locate the main server configuration file (usually named
serverconfig.inior similar) and open it with a text editor to adjust settings like server name, password, port, and game rules.
- Launch the Server: Execute the server launch script (could be a
.batfile for Windows or a
.shfile for Linux). This might be named
runserver.bat, depending on the operating system.
Connecting to Your Server
Players can connect to your Enshrouded server by selecting the multiplayer option in the game and entering the server’s IP address and port, as configured in your server settings.
- Ensure your server’s firewall and any network hardware (like routers) are configured to allow traffic on the game server’s port.
- Regularly update your server software to the latest version to ensure compatibility and security.
If players cannot connect to your server, check the server’s firewall settings, verify the server is running, and ensure the server port is correctly forwarded in your router settings.