You always can do it, but it is complicated and tedious. With Supercraft you get a server instantly. However, if you want to try that route, we have a tutorial for you:
Installing a Dedicated Server for Palworld on Linux
This guide will walk you through the steps to set up a Palworld game dedicated server on a Linux system.
Creating a Palworld Server From Your Home Computer or Dedicated Server
- Windows 10/11, Server 2016/2019/2022 (64-Bit)
- Quad Core processor (requires up to 2 full cores)
- Up to 4GB memory (currently uses around 1GB memory)
- 12GB disk space (install folder)
Step 1: Fetching Game Server Files
- Create a folder for your Palworld server files.
- Download and place the SteamCMD.exe file in this folder.
- Create a batch file named SteamCMD.bat.
- Insert the following code into this batch file:
@echo off start "" steamcmd.exe +login USER PASS +force_install_dir "C:\Your\Server\File\Path" +app_update 2394010 validate +quit
- Run SteamCMD.bat as Administrator.
- Wait for the game server files to download completely.
Step 2: Setting up a Palworld Dedicated Server
- In your server folder, create a batch file named PalworldServer.bat.
- Place this code in the batch file:
start PalServer.exe -ServerName="My Server Title" -port=12345 -players=32 -log -nosteam
Step 3: Configuring your Palworld Server
Configure your server using launch parameters and ini files. Modify
DefaultPalWorldSettings.ini for specific server settings. Here are some key points to adjust:
- Server Name: Change the
ServerNamevalue to customize your server’s name.
- Password Protection: Use the
passwordfield to set a server password.
- Save and Log Directories: Adjust
logDirectoryfor file management.
- IP and Ports: Set
queryPortappropriately. Default ports are often sufficient.
- Player Slot Count: Modify
slotCountto set the maximum number of players.
Step 3: Port Forwarding
Add a rule to your Windows Firewall to allow TCP/UDP port 15636 for the game and 15637 for Steam queries (or whichever ports you use).
You might need to set up a forwarding rule on your network router. Check PortForward.com for guidance.
Location of World Save Data
Your world save data is located in the
savegame folder. It’s crucial to back up these files regularly.
Setting up a Palworld server can be a straightforward process, whether you choose to rent a server or host one yourself. Remember to regularly maintain and update your server to ensure the best gaming experience for everyone. Enjoy your adventures in Palworld on your very own server!